Wednesday, August 12, 2009

great dessert for a crowd: mini cheesecakes!

Mini cheesecakes are perfect for gatherings like football sunday or pot lucks! I used to bring them to work when I was a preceptor student...maybe that's what got me my A. :P
It's pretty easy, especially because the center is just oreos or reese's. I would like to try it some time using my peanut butter filling that I use to make a large cheesecake. I'm sure you could experiment with other different centers as well.
I was given this recipe via a message board and it can also be found here: Food Network: Paula Deen's Peanut Butter Cheese Cake Minis.
I always tweek recipes a bit. In this case I cut down on the sugar a little bit and have used Oreos in place of peanut butter cups at times. In the pics above, I topped the cupcake with either one side of a mini oreo or a couple of the reese's candies to differentiate the two flavors.
I like that they're mini cause they are quite rich. Also at a party, you never have to worry about cutting slices!

No comments:

Post a Comment